Popular Posts

Monday, April 23, 2012

One day on approach to Singapore




Note to haters and lawyers: this is a joke, not the actual transcript.  Thank you.  Joke continues.  

CVR transcript of Jetstar 320

PF = Pilot Flying, or in this case Pilot Forgetting
PM = Pilot Monitoring, or in this case Pilot: Moron
ATC = duh, ATC

ATC: Jetstar 320, cross MORON intersection at 2000 feet, contact tower MORON inbound.
PM: Mmmmmm.
PF: You need to push the PTT button.
PM: (click) Uhhhhhhh, roger, MORON inbound uhhhhhh (freq change)

PM: Signapore tower, Jetstar 320 MORON inbound for the visual RWY12R.
(stone cold silence)
PM: Ooops, tuned the NAV radio. No wonder I couldn’t get the whole freq in. Stand by.
(fiddle fiddle fiddle)
PM: Signapore tower, likeiwuzsayin, Jetstar 320 MORON inbound for the visual RWY12R.
ATC: Jetstar 320, runway 30L is in use.
PM: Yeah that’s what I meant. 30R.
ATC: 30L.
PM: Sure.
ATC: Jetstar 320, do you have the airport in sight?
PM: The Singapore Airport?
ATC: Yes.
PM: Why yes I do.
ATC: Good. Make straight in for RWY 30L, check wheels down, follow a Spruce Goose on a 2 mile final.
PM: Searching.

PF: Before landing check.
PM: Speaking of landing, what you want to eat here, they have that pizza place right by the gate.
PF: Should I get my own flaps or what?
PM: No, I was going to get the supreme, I hadn’t got the flaps before.
PF: BIRDS!
PM: Huh?
WHAPWHAPWHAPSCHMACKTHUMPTHUD (yaw) (compressor stall)
PF: We should write that up.
PM: Screw that, one more leg and I’m going home. Maintenance can figure it out.

ATC: Jetstar 320, previously issued traffic is clearing at taxiway C, cleared to land RWY 30L, where are you parking?
PM: We’ll be parking at the terminal.
ATC: ??????

BAM BAM BAM BAM
PM: Whose banging on the cockpit door now?
PF: Oh, we have a non-rev Jet Blue captain deadheading in first class.

PF: Did you ever get that before landing checklist?
PM: What? I got a text.
PF: Dang, we’re hot on this approach. Flaps 90.
PM: Maybe it’ll make up for that time we lost after we left the gear down on climb out for fifty miles.
PF: Yeah, we’ll never do that again.
(gear warning horn silenced by PM)

PF: Are we cleared to land?
PM: Lemme ask, I turned the volume down.
PF: You turned tower down? Arm speed brakes, we got a tailwind or something.
ATC: (slow fade up to normal volume) JETSTAR 320, do you require assistance?
PM (texting) We got it, we’re a little busy here.
ATC: Roger, rolling crash.
PM: 10-4.

PM: Oh. Hey, Singapore tower, did you text me a minute ago?
ATC: YES I SAID CHECK GEAR DOWN YOUR GEAR IS UP AGGGGGGH.
PM: Oh. Well I guess we’ll go around, as the article stated, at 720 feet we are too low to extend the landing gear. Got the high skid package on this one.
ATC: Jetstar 320 GO AROUND GO AROUND GO AROUND.
PF: Going around.
PM: Tower, do you know that it costs our airline $2000 every time we go around?
ATC: Roger, give me $5000 worth - direct MORON and hold.

For the record I would like to state that all these conversations are fictitious and I would never do anything like this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment